Van Nuys Wage Claims – Van Nuys Labor Commissioner Office

If you are an employee in or near Burbank, Woodland Hills, Encino, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, San Fernando, Glendale, or the greater San Fernando Valley, CA with a wage claim, you can file your wage claim at the Van Nuys District Office of the California Labor Commissioner (also referred to commonly as the Van Nuys Labor Board). The Van Nuys Labor Commissioner accepts the following types of wage claims:

You have reached, a website run by Strauss Law Group and Strauss & Strauss, APC, two law firms that handle wage-and-hour claims throughout California. If you are looking for the Van Nuys Labor Commissioner, it’s office is located at:
6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Room 206
Van Nuys, CA 91401

The telephone number of the Van Nuys Labor Board’s office is (818) 901-5315.
If, however, you are looking for an attorney for your wage claim, you can visit our contact page for the contact information for Strauss Law Group and Strauss & Strauss, APC.

Common types of wage claims in Van Nuys involve employees in the manufacturing industry. These individuals often are forced to purchase their own tools even though they make less than twice minimum wage. This means that their employer has to reimburse them for the cost of the tools going back as many as four years. If you are a San Fernando valley employee who has been forced to buy tools for work but you make less than twice minimum wage, you can claim the amounts you paid for the tools in a wage claim, either by filing with the Van Nuys Labor Board/Commissioner or in civil court. See the pros and cons of filing with the Labor Commissioner vs. in civil court.

Remember, you can be represented by an attorney in your Van Nuys wage claim. You may need an experienced wage claim attorney to ensure that you can maximize your claim for unpaid wages, like unpaid overtime or unpaid commissions.

Strauss Law Group and Strauss & Strauss, APC represent Van Nuys and San Fernando Valley employees in wage claims. We only get paid if we win your case. Contact us for a free wage claim consultation, or call us toll free at (877) 641-9992.