We Know How to File a Wage Claim in California to Reclaim Unpaid Wages Because We Do It Every Day
Each day, it is likely that thousands of employees in California are denied wages lawfully owed them. Sometimes their employers do so unwittingly, but the vast majority know what they are doing. They figure that the non-payment of wages is a very effective way of cutting costs. This is especially true in a down economy.
Luckily for California employees, the law allows employees who are owed wages to reclaim the money owed them. Strauss & Strauss and its California wage claim lawyers knows these laws very well. The vast majority of our practice is dedicated to recovering wages owed to California employees by their employer or ex-employer. Examples of the types of wage claims that Strauss & Strauss handles are:
- Unpaid overtime wage claim
- Denied meal periods (i.e., lunch breaks) wage claim
- Unpaid minimum wage claim
- Denied rest periods (i.e., rest breaks) wage claim
- Unpaid double time wage claim
- Unpaid accrued vacation pay wage claim
- Unpaid travel time wage claim
- Unreimbursed uniforms or tools wage claim
- Unpaid commissions wage claim
- Unreimbursed mileage wage claim
Browse this site to find out more about the process of collecting wages owed. You will learn the pros and cons of filing a wage claim yourself versus hiring an attorney to do so. You will also learn why you may want to file your claim for unpaid wages in civil court instead of with the California Labor Commissioner.
Wage-Claims.com is a service of California-licensed employment lawyers at Strauss & Strauss. This site is not affiliated with the California Labor Commissioner.