We are open for business, though working remotely, during the COVID-19 outbreak. You can still reach us through our office phone during normal business hours. Much, if not all, of our representation can be done remotely.

(805) 641-6600
Free Consultation

If you are an employee in the Tri-Counties area (Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo Counties) with a wage claim, you can file your wage claim at the Santa Barbara district office of the California Labor Commissioner. The cities where you may have worked include Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, Carpinteria, Santa Barbara, Goleta, Lompoc, and Santa Maria. The Santa Barbara Labor Commissioner accepts the following types of wage claims:

You have reached www.wage-claims.com, a website run by Strauss & Strauss, APC, a law firm that handles wage-and-hour claims throughout California. If you are looking for the Santa Barbara Labor Commissioner, it’s office is located in Santa Barbara County at:
411 E. Canon Perdido, Room 3
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

The telephone number of the Santa Barbara Labor Board’s office is (805) 568-1222.
If, however, you are looking for an attorney for your wage claim, you can visit our contact page for the contact information for Strauss & Strauss.

Common types of wage claims filed in Santa Barbara involve employees who were not paid all commissions they are owed. By law, unpaid commissions must be paid at an employee’s termination or within 72 hours of the employee’s resignation. If not paid, the employee can seek the full amount of the unpaid commission, plus penalties, in a wage claim. They can file their wage claim either with the Santa Barbara Labor Commissioner or in civil court. See the pros and cons of filing with the Labor Commissioner vs. in civil court.

Remember, you can be represented by an attorney in your Santa Barbara wage claim. You may need an experienced wage claim attorney to ensure that you can maximize your claim for unpaid wages, like unpaid overtime or unpaid commissions.

Strauss & Strauss, which is located in Ventura County, represents Santa Barbara employees in wage claims. We only get paid if we win your case. Contact us for a free wage claim consultation, or call us toll free at (805) 641-6600.


  1. Confidential

    I need to make an appoinment because the serving job I worked at there was another server who was stealing my tips I reported it to the manager and he disregaurded my message. I have photos of all the messages and of the book that the manager was lying in. Saying I was making more tips then I was so I was being taxed on it and it was taken out of my checks. I tried to contact the owner and never got a response. I need help. Also they never gave me any breaks at this job.

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>