We are open for business, though working remotely, during the COVID-19 outbreak. You can still reach us through our office phone during normal business hours. Much, if not all, of our representation can be done remotely.

(805) 641-6600
Free Consultation

If you are an employee in or near Los Angeles, CA with a wage claim, you can file your wage claim at the Los Angeles District Office of the California Labor Commissioner (also referred to commonly as the Los Angeles Labor Board). The LA Labor Commissioner accepts the following types of wage claims:

You have reached www.wage-claims.com, a website run by Strauss & Strauss, APC, a law firm that handles wage-and-hour claims throughout California. If you are looking for the Los Angeles Labor Commissioner, it’s office is located at:
320 W. Fourth Street, Suite 450
Los Angeles, CA 90013

The telephone number of the Los Angeles Labor Board’s office is (213) 620-6330.
If, however, you are looking for an attorney for your wage claim, you can visit our contact page for the contact information for Strauss & Strauss, APC.

Remember, you can be represented by an attorney in your Los Angeles wage claim. You may need an experienced wage claim attorney to ensure that you can maximize your claim for unpaid wages, like unpaid overtime or unpaid commissions.

Common types of wage claims in Los Angeles involve employees in the professional services industry who work in offices. These individuals often are misclassified as exempt from overtime, doubletime, or lunch breaks. However, due to the nature of their work, which usually includes office administrative duties like making photocopies, scanning documents, and answering phones, these individuals must be paid overtime and doubletime and must receive meal periods. Often, misclassified employees can claim thousands of dollars in unpaid overtime — their wage claims can be among the biggest. If you are a Los Angeles employee who has been misclassified as exempt, you can claim unpaid wages in a wage claim, either by filing with the Los Angeles Labor Board/Commissioner or in civil court. See the pros and cons of filing with the Labor Commissioner vs. in civil court.

Strauss & Strauss represents Los Angeles employees in wage claims. We only get paid if we win your case. Contact us for a free wage claim consultation, or call us toll free at (805) 641-6600.


  1. I’ve worked for a client and did not received all the money he owed me.
    What should I do?

    1. We will need more information about your situation before we can evaluate your options. Please give us a call so we can set up a free consultation, either by phone or by Zoom.

  2. Hi,

    Thanks so much in advance for your assistance. My boyfriend worked three weeks for a company in North Hollywood driving a truck across the country and set up for their shows. He submitted invoices from his LLC for payment for work completed in July and has yet to receive payment. They are not very responsive to emails and calls and say it’s being approved. He is owed about $5,900 and the work was completed over 40 days ago.

    What is the best next step?

    Thanks so much,


    1. Trucking companies figured out long ago that they could take advantage of their employees by treating them as independent contractors. Your boyfriend may have a claim form is classification as an independent contractor. He may have other claims, such as those for minimum wages or rest period violations. It’s impossible to evaluate the strength of his claim without talking with him directly. We would be happy to give him a free consultation by phone or by Zoom.

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>