We are open for business, though working remotely, during the COVID-19 outbreak. You can still reach us through our office phone during normal business hours. Much, if not all, of our representation can be done remotely.

(805) 641-6600
Free Consultation

If you are an employee in or near Bakersfield, CA with a wage claim, you can file your wage claim at the Bakersfield office of the California Labor Commissioner. The Bakersfield Labor Commissioner accepts the following types of wage claims:

You have reached www.wage-claims.com, a website run by Strauss & Strauss, APC, a law firm that handles wage-and-hour claims throughout California. If you are looking for the Bakersfield Labor Commissioner, it’s office is located at:
5555 California Avenue, Suite 200
Bakersfield, CA 93309

The telephone number of the Bakersfield Labor Board’s office is (661) 395-2710.
If, however, you are looking for an attorney for your wage claim, you can visit our contact page for the contact information for Strauss & Strauss, APC.

Remember, you can be represented by an attorney in your Bakersfield wage claim. You may need an experienced wage claim attorney to ensure that you can maximize your claim for unpaid wages, like unpaid overtime or unpaid commissions.

Common types of wage claims in Bakersfield involve employees in the oil industry who work on oil rigs. These individuals often are not allowed to leave their rig to take their lunch break. By law, non-exempt employees must be given a 30-minute, unpaid, off-duty meal period for every five hours they work. If not allowed to leave, these rig workers usually are entitled to one hour of pay for each missed lunch period. They can claim the unpaid hour of pay in a wage claim, either by filing with the Bakersfield Labor Commissioner or in civil court. See the pros and cons of filing with the Labor Commissioner vs. in civil court.

Strauss & Strauss, APC represents Bakersfield employees in wage claims. We only get paid if we win your case. Contact us for a free wage claim consultation, or call us at (805) 641-6600.


  1. Confidential

    Good morning I had concerns about my last check at my last job. I quit and gave them my two weeks notice Monday the 11 of August. I haven’t received my last check as of today?! I started my new job Monday the 18 of August. Can u give me feed back on when I’m supposed to receive it please? Thank u

    1. When an employee gives more than 72 hours notice of quitting, the employer has to pay all final wages on the employees last day of work. For every day thereafter, up to a maximum of 30 days, the employer can be liable for a penalty of one day’s worth of wages. That means that if 30 days go by, and you still have not received your paycheck, you may have a claim not only for your last paycheck, but also for a penalty of up to 30 days of wages. You may have many other claims, that’s why we suggest you contact our office for a free case evaluation

  2. I’ve been with this employee for over 24 months and never miss an day never had an sick day
    This employer has under paid me with my wage and overtime and unpaid vacation no rest break no nothing how can this law assist me with recovering my miss wage, overtime , unpaid vacation and no breaks I need help.

    1. We would be happy to evaluate your claim. Give us a call and we will give you a free consultation over the phone or by Zoom.

  3. Confidential

    i need help
    i need to know how many hours
    a person under salary que wor per week
    thank you

    1. Assuming you are an exempt employee, your salary is pay for ALL hours you worked, with no limit. But if you are not exempt, the salary is only pay for 40 hours of work per week. Give us a call to see if you are exempt or nonexempt. 805-641-6600.

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>